Here is something that most of you know. All air conditioning units need regular servicing. But how many of you actually do it?
Sure, it might be running at its best and doing its job now, but what about next week or next month? Your AC, after all, is nothing but a machine. And every machine requires some love and attention every once in a while. Your AC is no different.
Not convinced yet? We will give you five awesome benefits of regular AC servicing.
Your air conditioner unit will keep running smoothly
A professional service engineer fully inspects your AC for any damage, faults, or leaks. They will catch problems in their infancy and correct them before they become a cause of concern for your family. A service technician will check the following:
- Air filters: The technician will clean or replace the filter as needed.
- Refrigerant: This is the substance that circulates in the coils of your air conditioner and absorbs heat from the indoor air, and releases it outside. The refrigerant level should be optimal for your air conditioner to work properly. The technician will check the refrigerant level and pressure and adjust it if necessary.
- Coils: These are the metal tubes that contain the refrigerant and transfer heat between the indoor and outdoor units of your air conditioner. Over time, they can get dirty or corroded, which can reduce their ability to transfer heat and lower the efficiency of your air conditioner. These coils get cleaned with a special solution and checked for any leaks or damage.
- Fan: Dirty or worn-out fans will reduce the airflow. The technician will clean the fan blades and motor and lubricate them if needed.
- Other electrical components: These are the parts that control the power supply and operation of your air conditioner. They include wires, fuses, thermostats, relays, capacitors, circuit boards, and sensors. They can get loose, damaged, or burned out due to power surges, voltage fluctuations, or normal wear and tear. The technician will inspect all the electrical components and connections and repair or replace them if needed.
You will improve the air quality
An air conditioner might seem to be in pristine shape from the outside, but it can be a whole different story on the inside.
The quality of the air that an AC pushes out largely depends on how clean its air filters are. Over time, these filters can accumulate all sorts of dust, dirt, and grime. Once the filters get clogged, the accumulated dust and dirt will eventually find their way into your AC ducts and start circulating in your home—particularly if you have a ducted AC system in your home.
If you find the air in your home getting stale or smelling damp, it might be a good idea to call in the experts. Service experts will clean your ACs inside and out. They will clean or replace your filters and get rid of all the dirt and dust, as well as any mould or mildew. They will also locate the root cause of any other funny odours and fix the problem.
Cleaner air also has a health benefit attached to it. You keep allergies, asthma, and other respiratory infections at bay—all because of a well-maintained and regularly serviced air conditioning unit.
You will enjoy a more consistent temperature
Clogged air filters have another downside. Air conditioning units with dirty filters have to push themselves much harder to achieve and maintain the desired temperature. As a result, an AC struggles to run at its optimum cooling or heating capacity.
Besides cleaning or swapping air filters, a service technician also ensures that the thermostat is working as intended and that the temperature is even in all rooms.
You can avoid breakdowns and costly repairs
If you neglect your AC for too long, they might develop some issues that can affect their functionality and safety. For example, a leaky refrigerant can cause ice buildup on the coils, which can damage the compressor and other parts. A faulty thermostat can cause incorrect temperature control affecting your comfort and your energy bill. A loose wire can cause sparks or short circuits that can start a fire.
Regular maintenance of your AC can help prevent these issues and ensure that they run efficiently and effectively. You can detect and fix these problems before they become serious and expensive.
You will save money on air conditioning
Maintaining your air conditioner will lower your monthly bills because it will use less energy to maintain a comfortable indoor environment.
This means that you will enjoy a more consistent temperature and save money on your energy bills by taking care of your air conditioning unit. So, make sure to schedule regular maintenance with a qualified technician to keep your AC running efficiently.
You will prolong the lifespan of your air conditioning unit
ACs don’t come cheap. Buying an AC is a sizable investment, so you want to make sure you extend its life as best as you possibly can. The better you maintain something, the longer it lasts. And that also applies to your air conditioning units. This is perhaps the most important benefit of regular AC servicing.
To get the most out of your ACs:
- Get your AC serviced once a year or on change of seasons, summer and winter, if you use your AC a lot.
- Avoid taking the DIY approach. This is a complex task that you should leave to licensed service engineers.
- You can, however, clean the ceiling vents and the return air grille once a month. This will limit the debris and dust going into your air filters.
Bring in ActronAir Service Experts
ActronAir is an Australian company and a proud licensee of the Australian Made certification.
ActronAir technicians hold the ARCtick license, which guarantees reliable repairs and professional service. We also offer our customers a best-in-class warranty support with parts and components available off the shelf.
Click the Request A Quote button at the top of this page to book a service or contact ActronAir on 1800 119 229 to book one over the phone.